VMA-133 was a U.S. Marine Corps reserve fighter squadron. Known as the “Dragons”, the squadron was part of Marine Aircraft Group 42 of the 4th Marine Aircraft Wing. The Dragons flew the Douglas A-4 Skyhawk. VMA-133 was deactivated in 1992.
History: During WWII the squadron was known as Marine Torpedo Bombing Squadron 133 (VMTB-133) and originated out of El Toro in Orange County California and Ewa Field in Hawaii. The squadron saw action during the Bouganville and Philippine campaigns. VMTB-133 was deactivated on August 1, 1945.
— provided by Mr. Robert M. Cieri and Mr. Mark Pogue